Thursday, December 14, 2006

Appointment Update

I had my 30 week appointment today. It actually went REALLY well. I was so nervous about it. First off, I passed my 3 hour GTT. Actually, by the end of the test, my blood sugar was actually LOW. I only gained 1lb in 2 weeks, which is a first for me. I usually, by this point, am gaining at least 2 lbs a week. (Yes, I gain a TON when I am pg)

The dr said that we would start NST's at 34 weeks, UNLESS I feel like I need them. In that case, I can have them at any point I want. I told him that so far, the baby is very cooperative, and I haven't been terrified yet. There is definately an obvious movement pattern that the baby sticks to. I know all of that could change pretty quickly with Caleb's birthday about 3 weeks away.

He also mentioned inducing, but basically said we wouldn't make any solid plans at this point. He has no problem inducing, IF I am starting to dialate already on my own. He actually said that he wanted me to be about 3-4 cm before inducing, but we will see when Febuary gets closer. I feel sure I could talk him into it as long as my cervix isn't totally closed. I totally understand that he doesn't want to have me end up with a c-section because we pushed for inducing, and honestly, I don't want that either, so I get his concerns. Like I said, we will see where I am mentally by that point.

My next appointment is Dec. 28th.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger kate said...

Sounds good! Congrats on passing the 3 hour!

Any idea when you'll have another ultrasound -- i am just dying to know ... pink or blue?!!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Glad your last appt went well and I hope all has been well in the week since. Congrats on your GTT test. (which I don't really know anything about, despite 3 full-term pregnancies, because they don't test for that where I live in the UK??)
Good luck on the 28th and I hope you have a Merry Christmas, under the circumstances. Thinking of you and Caleb as Jan approaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home