Saturday, December 09, 2006

Time to Relax


We have had a crazy couple of days, filled with errands and (somewhat) fake Christmas cheer. Wednesday we went to see Santa. Evan did great! The past 2 years he screamed and cried in terror (and yet we still got the pictures. We should be ashamed terrorizing our child that way.) I am not sure I would say he LIKED Santa, but he wasn't terrified of him either. As long as Santa didnt touch him, he was ok. There was once or twice when Santa was helping us try to get Evan to smile that I thought Evan was going to cry. He even remembered to ask Santa for his trains, tunnels and dinosaurs. (of course Santa didnt understand what he was saying, but it's ok, because mommy and daddy got it!)

Then we had to go to the Navy base to get some more of the stuff for dh's uniform. We ran all over the place for at least 2 hours. I think the uniform situation is taken care of for now though. We will see.

We came back to our town and went to get a Christmas tree. We found one pretty easily, and let Evan pick out a couple of ornaments for the tree. He picked a train and an airplane. Go figure. We managed to have the tree up and decorated by 8pm, so Evan could get to bed. I was exhausted, and I am pretty sure Evan was too.

Thursday we took Evan to get his portraits done. He didn't do as well this time as the times before because he kept trying to run away. We managed to get SOME good ones, but I was disappointed overall. I guess it saved me some money!!

Yesterday, I had the 3 hour GTT. I think it went ok, but I have no idea about the results. I am not sure I expect them to be good results at all. I won't find out for sure until my appointment on the 14th. At this point though, I am just glad the test is over with.

Dh works the rest of the weekend, and it's insanely cold outside, so Evan and I are going to hang out around the house and be as lazy as possible. I think we could both use it.

6 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thia may be a stupid question (or just one from an ignorant non-parent), but if Sam doesn't like Santa, why do you take him?

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

That's a great photo for someone on the verge of a meltdown:)He looks so much like you from that photo you posted ages ago.

And Treggles, half the time they beg and beg to go, hate it when they are there, but very relived that they went afterwards to place their orders and also pleased to have the trophy photo:) And no, you'll/we'll never figure it out lol!

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have determined that Santa is just a scary fellow. It's the big fake whiskers, i think. This Sunday we had 'St. Nicholas' visit our church, okay, so it's just like Santa only he's dressed as a bishop or something. So there were loads of kids in church and they all went up and sat on the floor while he talked about something or the other to them. (Noone could understand a word because of the fake whiskers, of course). So i took Chloe with the other kids, and she was fine and interested sitting there, but then they were supposed to go up and get a blessing from him and get a treat. Of all the kids, mine was the only one that started WAILING in fear and i had to take her out of the church! Talk about an embarassement...and he didn't even touch her!

I have never taken my kids to the mall to see Santa, myself, but that is mostly because i am too cheap to pay the $15 or whatever it is for the blasted photo.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Treggles, with Evan, he always seemed totally interested (ok maybe not his first Christmas when he was 10 months old) in seeing Santa, but once he gets up there, he gets scared. This year, he wasn't TOTALLY scared, but wasn't quite sure WHAT to think.

Kate, yeah, the photos are insanely overpriced, but we took Evan to one of the malls that offered a free photo with Santa. (Guessing because there are so many malls here, they have to do SOMETHING to get people to come to theirs.) lol about Chloe. I was the same way when I was little. Not Evan, he knows NO stranger (like I have to tell you that!)

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a free picture? I would have gone for that too!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Hedda said...

I'm new here. I just wanted to say that I took the 3 hour GTT test twice and passed both times. I'm sorry you had to go through it though. It really sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home