Friday, May 27, 2005

A good day and a not so good day....

Dh has been on his 4 days off so we've been having family time the past couple of days. Wednesday sucked. It poured rain and it was only about 60 degrees outside, but we went in search of a file cabinet anyway. I wanted one that looked nice since it will be in our living room, but that isnt the easiest thing in the world to find. We ended up taking 2 cars since mine is too little and dh won't stop smoking in his so we can put a carseat in it. It was just so annoying, and dh and I seemed to be at each other's throats. It just seemed like one of those days where nothing goes right. I felt like I was on the verge of tears all day and was really missing my boy. God why can't he just be HERE with us???

Yesterday was nice, it got up to 80 degrees and the sun was out so we went driving around and managed to find a very nice park. There is a section with equipment designed for 2 year olds and Evan seemed to really like it (eventhough he's only 14 months) There weren't any kids there that reminded me too much of Caleb (and usually there is at least one blonde haired blue eyed boy about 2 years old) so it wasn't too hard to deal with. After he played on the equipment for awhile, we put him in the stroller and went walking on their trail. It hardly qualified for a nature trail, but it was a nice walk, and it gave us a chance to get off our butts!

Not looking forward to this weekend. Dh works all weekend so it will just be Evan and me. I considered going home, but that 5 hour trip is just no fun with just me and Evan. (although he does alot better with the forward facing carseat!!) The trip always ends up being 7 hours and I hate to stop anywhere after dark alone so it makes the trip alot more stressful. Mom is supposed to be coming up soon anyway, but it would be nice to go home so I could go see Caleb. I have bought him a few new things since the last time we went and I want to bring them to him.

I am sure I will have something a little more interesting to say later in the weekend. Loneliness is great for blogging! Can anyone help me with adding links to my blog?? I have tried and tried to figure it out and I just have no clue!! HELP!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Hey, just wanted to send a hug to you:( I guess there will always be bad days like that. Even when they aren't about Caleb to start with, no doubt they will seem to end there anyway:( So ((hugs))

I will be back later to tell you about links. I just have to figure it out again!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Hey You:) I am trying to figure out all the linky type things to tell you about! Just got your message while I was playing and wanted to say hi while you were online!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home