Monday, August 22, 2005

Feeling pretty under appreciated right now. Dh had to be a part of a retirement ceremony again today. This is a guy he has total respect for and truely calls him a friend, so I understand that he wanted to be a part of the ceremony when he was asked. He had to be in Norfolk at 8am to do a run through, then the ceremony itself didn't start until almost 11:30. I didn't go because I would have had to get Evan out of bed early to get him ready, and I didn't really want to try to keep him entertained by myself all that time. There was a party after the retirement, and dh said originally that he wasn't going to go. Well he called me ON HIS WAY to the party. He said it wasn't supposed to start until 2, but it was in VA Beach, so no point in driving all the way home. He said he wasn't going to stay past 2:30. Well i am sure you see where this is going.......... It's 5 right now. He hasn't even LEFT the party. He "just had his last beer about an hour ago" so he's waiting a little longer to leave. It will take him at least an hour with the traffic as bad as it is right now.

I think Evan and I are going to go get something to eat. Dh doesn't take the time to think of me first, so he can find his own food tonite.

On a more positive note, Evan took a 2.5 hour nap IN HIS CRIB!!! This is HUGE!!! I have always had to hold him and rock him to get him to take naps, but this is the second day in a row he has slept in the crib for a nap. And today it was without a single tear!!!

7 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

((((hugs)))) I am sorry you've had a bad day. But it's GREAT news about Evan napping! What a huge milestone! Hope things get better soon so you can get some rest.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

How aggravating. I hope you went some place good for dinner. At least get out of the house for a while and enjoy the 'fresh air'.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger laura said...

off with his balls!

okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but i'm glad you went out to dinner and i hope he got the message.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I hope he was reeeeeeally hingry when he got home LOL:) I'm not saint, I'll admit it, but in the situation I'm in, I really do feel like making him suffer....bad wife, bad wife!! Gee I feel so bad - NOT!!

Hope you had something yummy to eat and that your handsome date didn't drop food down his front!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger MB said...

Yay for Evan! That is so cool. Gracie always hated her crib. I'm so jealous.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Hi Julie!

A propos of only your comment on my blog, I don't know why my site has a 'Q.' Is that a Windows thing? I work on a Mac. Maybe the pictures take a little while to load? Are you on a dial-up? Maybe I should have some 'hold' music while it's loading... sorry about the wait but thank you for all your thoughtful comments. I think I've given everyone a headache lately.

:-)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Wrong Julie, lorem, but thanks for the reply! :-)
I won't hijack her blog to explain, but I would welcome an email from you if you're really reallyreally bored and find my technical difficulty tittilating.
:-)
Also - Hi, Julie! I didn't dream about you last night. Sorry. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home