Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It wasn't such a bad day today. Wasn't great or anything, but not bad. We went to the credit union to try to refinance dh's car loan. We wanted to get a lower interest rate and hopefully lower payments. Well the woman treated us like we were scum, and started acting like there was no way we would get approved without running our credit, and Evan was being the ultimate brat, screaming and trying to get away. Dh wouldn't make any descisions for anything, and I couldn't really hear what was going on with Evan screaming. I have never seen him act like that. The woman was looking at me like I had no control over my child, and I was pretty obviously stressed about his behaviour. I couldn't really hide my frustration, and that bugs me because usually I am really patient with him. Today I just seemed to have no patience at all. I was not the best mother at all today now that I really think about it. I tried to post here earlier, and Evan climbed up and lost my post, and I yelled at him then come to think of it. Anyway, back to the refinancing, it was left at us calling them some time to see if we were approved for the loan, and then we would have to go back for paperwork, etc. The more I think about it, the more I feel like we shouldn't bother. Just leave it alone.

We left the credit union (did I mention it was pouring rain ALL day) and went to the pass office to get a base sticker for my van (so I can get on military bases) and the computer was down so they couldn't issue one.

Strike 2 I guess. (and did I mention we drove 30 minutes to get to Norfolk for this crap??? In the POURING rain???)

But we did get to go to the commisary for groceries. I have never been to the commisary honestly. I have been a military wife for 3 years, and never shopped at the commisary. Anyway, I think we are going to make an effort to try to go more often. And now I think I know how to get there on my own. Food is SO much cheaper there, and you pay no tax at all. We spent half of what we usually spend. Just wish it was closer.

Oh and I was gonna get a test while we were there, but the only one they had was the EPT digital. That was IT. I know it's too early for that, so I resisted the urge and walked away. I could have gone next door to the exchange to see if they had any there, but I didn't. I think, depending on how my temps look, I will go tomorrow and get a test.

Oh and surprisingly, I didn't get a call from Irresponsible mom. I really expected her to call and ask me to babysit, but she didn't. Looks like she got a childcare solution finally!!! YAY!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

When we lived in England the first time I had a friend whose dad was retired USAF and there was a base right near us with one of thoses military grocery stores FULL of stuff from the US. It was brilliant - grape soda and graham crakers were revelations to us! Oh - and ice cream in cardboard boxes too.

I'd be heading over there to save half on my regular bill anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home