Saturday, May 28, 2005

Thank God

Evan just fell down the stairs. I knew it would happen eventually. We have tried and tried to find a baby gate that would keep him off the stairs, but nothing works with the railings we have. What the hell made the builders of these apartments put CEREMIC tile at the bottom?? Anyway he was about 6 stairs up, teasing me like he does. I kept telling him to come down, and he would go a little further up, looking right at me with that huge grin on his face the whole time. So I started ignoring him, because usually that makes him come down. Something came on tv that caught his attention and he leaned down to look and just started tumbling head first down the stairs. He literally FLIPPED all the way down and landed on his butt!! HE looked absolutely terrified, and the look on my face probably scared him enough on it's own, so he just started SCREAMING. He's totally fine now, sitting in his highchair eating. But I am still shaking and my heart is still racing. What if...............?????????? God kids are resilient!

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Oh my! I totally know how you feel. I had the ambulance to my first daughter at about 12 months of age for falling off the lounge chair on to the ceramic tiles head first! Fortunately they bounce!!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

What a scare! Glad he is alright! I fell off the monkey bars when I was little and nearly bit my tongue in two. I'm fine now...not even a scar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home